Few things influence
our quality of life like
walking with nature
I was having my morning coffee outside, doing a bit of writing like always, and started really thinking about the wooded environment around me. I have been in love with the natural world my entire life. I felt compelled to create a simple haiku and post today, explaining a few of the ways nature impacts us. Few things have been proven to positively impact all dimensions of our wellness, like nature.
A few of the many benefits are:
- Time in nature has been shown to increase our cognitive function, memory, and overall brain function.
- Just 20 minutes in nature improves our ability to concentrate and has shown to reduce the need for ADHD and ADD medications in children.
- Visits to local parks (20-30 minutes) can improve heart health and circulation, while lowering cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Consistent exposure to nature has been shown to reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression, while promoting a sense of elevated moods, joy and fulfillment.
- Short bouts of time in nature have been shown to lower stress hormones, which are the cause of many modern health challenges in our society.
- Increased well-being should be a top priority for yourself and those you love. Nature is a simple, inexpensive and proven way to easily make improvements.
Today, take a look at your relationship with nature. Are you allowing yourself a chance to truly connect with this powerful force? Whether it is a local green space or exploring a state or national forest, you will experience many benefits by simply stepping outside. How do you benefit from the natural world? I’d love to hear from you in the comments